PhD position (E13 TV-G-U, 65%)
to study the role of one oxidative post-translational modifications (oxPTM) in the angiocrine regulation of vascular and cardiac homeostasis.
The classification is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement applicable to Goethe University (TV-G-U).
The position requires the following:
- Participation in a research project in a recently funded Collaborative Research Centre (SFB 1366) focusing on angiocrine signaling by endothelial cells under physiological and pathophysiological conditions in in vitro and in vivo models.
- The project also involves linking oxPTMs with metabolomic data (mass spectrometry based) with epigenetic regulation and changes in gene expressing (RNA and single cell sequencing).
- Collection of experimental data, analysis and documentation of results and preparation of material for publication.
- A thematic high-level project in an internationally recognized group (www.ivs.uni-frankfurt.de), the DFG Cluster of Excellence “CardioPulmonary Institute” (www.cpi-online.de) and the German Center for Cardiovascular Research (DZHK.de).
- Rooms, housed in a modern research building, with state of the art facilities and analysis possibilities from integrative physiology to mass spectroscopy.
- Enrolment in an Integrated Research Training Group (that is part of SFB 1366) providing specific hands on training to perform cutting edge science in cardiovascular biology and mentoring for personal development.
- A completed, very good MSc in biology, biotechnology, molecular medicine or an equivalent discipline.
- An interest in discovering the molecular events underlying disease.
- A background in metabolism and protein biochemistry.
- Good self-organization and ability to work in a team.
- Excellent written and spoken English
Applications with the usual documents (in a single PDF file) and the names and contact details of 3 referees should be submitted in electronic form within 4 weeks of the appearance of this advertisement to Prof. Dr. I. Fleming (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This advertisement is online since 13.02.2023