Post-Doc position (E13 TV-G-U)
to study novel mediators regulating metabolism and epigenetics in cardiomyocytes in a DFG funded research project. The position is available immediately, for 2 years with subsequent prolongation possible.
The classification is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement applicable to Goethe University (TV-G-U).
The position requires the following:
- Participation in a research project focusing on preparing samples for multi-omic analyses to clarify events underlying altered cardiac metabolism and epigenetic regulation after MI and during heart failure.
- Candidates with experience in animal models of cardiac ischemia/heart failure, echocardiography, imaging etc. as well as an interest investigating underlying molecular mechanisms.
- A thematic high-level project in an internationally recognized group (www.ivs.uni-frankfurt.de) which is part of the DFG Cluster of Excellence “CardioPulmonary Institute” (www.cpi-online.de) and the German Center for Cardiovascular Research (DZHK.de).
- Excellent mentoring opportunities and support for the achievement of early independence/progression to Jr group leader.
- Rooms, housed in a new research building, with modern facilities and analysis possibilities from integrative physiology to mass spectroscopy.
- A completed, very good doctoral degree in biology, biotechnology, molecular medicine, medicine or an equivalent discipline.
- Experience in animal models of cardiac ischemia/heart failure and general vascular biology techniques.
- Good self-organization and team working abilities.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Applications with the usual documents (in a single PDF file) and the names and contact details of 3 referees should be submitted in electronic form within 4 weeks of the appearance of this advertisement to Prof. Dr. I. Fleming (email@example.com).
This advertisement is online since 09.03.2023