PhD position (E13 TV-G-U, 65%)
to study metabolic communication between endothelial cells and pericytes.
The position is available from 01.01.2023. The classification is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement applicable to Goethe University (TV-G-U).
The position requires the following:
- Participation in a research project in a recently funded Collaborative Research Centre (SFB 1531) focusing on the regulation of intercellular communication via metabolites under physiological and pathophysiological conditions in in vitro and in vivo models.
- Experience in mass spectrometry and the detection of post translational modifications. The project also involves cell culture and linking metabolomics data (mass spectrometry based) with epigenetic regulation.
- Collection of experimental data, analysis and documentation of results and preparation of material for publication.
- A thematic high-level project in an internationally recognized group (www.ivs.uni-frankfurt.de) that is part of SFB 1531, the DFG Cluster of Excellence “CardioPulmonary Institute” (www.cpi-online.de) and the German Center for Cardiovascular Research (DZHK.de).
- Rooms, housed in a modern research building, with state of the art facilities and analysis possibilities from integrative physiology to mass spectroscopy.
- An Integrated Research Training Group providing the specific know-how necessary for performing cutting edge science in cardiovascular biology and mentoring for personal development.
- A completed, very good MSc in biology, biotechnology, molecular medicine or an equivalent discipline.
- Training in metabolism, protein biochemistry, proteomics, post translational modifications etc.
- Good self-organization and ability to work in a team.
- Excellent written and spoken English
Applications with the usual documents (in a single PDF file) and the names and contact details of 3 referees should be submitted in electronic form within 4 weeks of the appearance of this advertisement to Prof. Dr. I. Fleming (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This advertisement is online since 03.11.2022