Post-doc position (E13 TV-G-U)
to study cardiomyocyte differentiation and heart function in pathophysiology.
The position is available from 01.06.2021, initially for a period of 2 years.
The classification is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement applicable to Goethe University (TV-G-U).
The position requires the following:
• Participation in a research project focusing on metabolic and epigenetic events underlying altered cardiac metabolism linked to diabetes and heart failure.
• Candidates with experience in handling freshly isolated or iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes would be preferred.
• A thematic high-level project in an internationally recognized group, which is part of the Vascular Research Center Frankfurt.
• Rooms, housed in a new research building, with modern facilities and analysis possibilities from integrative physiology to mass spectroscopy.
• National and international networking – The Institute is part of the DFG Cluster of Excellence “CardioPulmonary Institute” and the German Center for Cardiovascular Research (DZHK).
• A completed, very good doctoral degree in biology, biotechnology, molecular medicine or an equivalent discipline.
• Experience in cardiovascular physiology and a keen interest in metabolism.
• Good self-organisation and ability to work in a team.
• While German is not necessary, excellent written and spoken English is required.
Applications with the usual documents (in a single PDF file) and the names and contact details of 3 referees should be submitted in electronic form to Prof. Dr. I. Fleming (email@example.com).
This advertisement is online since 19.05.2021