Post-doc position (E13 TV-G-U)
to study the metabolic crosstalk between endothelial cells and pericytes in the retina and heart.
The classification is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement applicable to Goethe University (TV-G-U). The position is available immediately for a period of 2 years.
The position requires the following:
• Participation in a research project focusing on communication between pericytes and endothelial cells in vivo and in vitro.
• Experience in confocal microscopy, and ideally the use of fluorescent indicators. The project also involves histology, immunohistochemistry, cell culture and and linking metabolomics data (mass spectrometry based) with epigenetic regulation.
• Collection of experimental data, analysis and documentation of results and preparation of material for publication.
• A thematic high-level project in an internationally recognized group (www.ivs.uni-frankfurt.de) that is part of the DFG Cluster of Excellence “CardioPulmonary Institute” (www.cpi-online.de) and the German Center for Cardiovascular Research (www.dzhk.de).
• Rooms, housed in a new research building, with modern facilities and analysis possibilities from integrative physiology to mass spectroscopy.
• A completed, very good PhD in biology, biotechnology, molecular medicine or an equivalent discipline.
• Experience in cardiovascular biology/physiology, and confocal microscopy.
• A FELASA B certificate.
• Good self-organization and ability to work in a team.
• German is not required, but excellent written and spoken English is required.
Applications with the usual documents (in a single PDF file) and the names and contact details of 3 referees should be submitted in electronic form until 30.01.2022 to Prof. Dr. I. Fleming (email@example.com).
This advertisement is online since 14.12.2021