Post-doc position (E13 TV-G-U)
to study changes in metabolism (using mass spectrometry).
The position is available from 01.07.2022 for 3 years, with possibility for prolongation.
The classification is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement applicable to Goethe University (TV-G-U).
The position requires the following:
- Participation in a service project in the framework of a recently funded Collaborative Research Centre (SFB 1531).
- Collection of experimental data, analysis and documentation of results and preparation of material for publication.
- Deep knowledge of targeted metabolite analyses as well as untargeted metabolomic profiling.
- Expertise in chromatography (LC and GC), mass spectrometry and the field of metabolomics.
- Talent and interest in method development.
- A well-equipped mass spectrometry lab, including UPLC, nano LC and GC systems coupled to single and triple quadrupoles, and high-resolution mass spectrometers in an internationally recognized group (www.ivs.uni-frankfurt.de).
- National and international networking – The Institute is part of the CardioPulmonary Institute (www.cpi-online.de) and the German Center for Cardiovascular Research (www.DZHK.de).
- A completed, very good doctoral degree in biology, biotechnology, molecular medicine or an equivalent discipline.
- Experience in LC-MS/MS and/or GC-MS metabolomic analyses.
- Good self-organization and team working abilities.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Applications with the usual documents (in a single PDF file) and the names and contact details of 3 referees should be submitted in electronic form within 4 weeks of the appearance of this advertisement to Prof. Dr. I. Fleming (email@example.com).
This advertisement is online since 15.06.2022