Post-doc position (E13 TV-G-U)
to study metabolism-related posttranslational protein modifications.
The position is available from 01.01.2023 for 3 years, with possibility for prolongation.
The classification is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement applicable to Goethe University (TV-G-U).
The position requires the following:
- Participation in a research project in a recently funded Collaborative Research Centre (SFB 1531).
- Experience in mass spectrometry and the detection of post translational modifications. The project also involves cell culture and linking metabolomics data (mass spectrometry based) with epigenetic regulation.
- Collection of experimental data, analysis and documentation of results and preparation of material for publication.
- A thematic high-level project in an internationally recognized group (www.ivs.uni-frankfurt.de) that is part of SFB 1531, the DFG Cluster of Excellence “CardioPulmonary Institute” (www.cpi-online.de) and the German Center for Cardiovascular Research (DZHK.de).
- Rooms, housed in a modern research building, with state of the art facilities and analysis possibilities from integrative physiology to mass spectroscopy.
- A completed, very good PhD in biology, biotechnology, molecular medicine or an equivalent discipline.
- Experience in mass spectrometry.
- Good self-organization and ability to work in a team.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Applications with the usual documents (in a single PDF file) and the names and contact details of 3 referees should be submitted in electronic form within 4 weeks of the appearance of this advertisement to Prof. Dr. I. Fleming (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This advertisement is online since 03.11.2022