Post-doc position (E13 TV-G-U)
to study novel lipid mediators regulating the metabolic crosstalk between endothelial cells and pericytes (see doi: 10.1038/nature25013) .
The classification is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement applicable to Goethe University (TV-G-U). The position is available immediately for a period of 2 years.
The position requires the following:
• Participation in a research project focusing on lipid mediator-based communication between pericytes and endothelial cells involving confocal microscopy and linking metabolomics (MS based) with epigenetic regulation.
• Collection of experimental data, analysis and documentation of results and preparation of material for publication.
• A thematic high-level project in an internationally recognized group, which is part of the Vascular Research Center Frankfurt.
• Rooms, housed in a new research building, with modern facilities and analysis possibilities from integrative physiology to mass spectroscopy.
• National and international networking – The Institute is part of the DFG Cluster of Excellence “CardioPulmonary Institute” and the German Center for Cardiovascular Research (DZHK).
• A completed, very good PhD in biology, biotechnology, molecular medicine or an equivalent discipline.
• A solid background in vascular biology and signaling pathways as well as cell culture and transfection techniques.
• Preference will be given to applicants with experience in measurements of vascular and cardiac function.
• Experience in confocal microscopy
• A FELASA B certificate
• Good self-organisation and ability to work in a team.
• German is not required, but excellent written and spoken English is required.
Applications with the usual documents (in a single PDF file) and the names and contact details of 3 referees should be submitted in electronic form until 15.10.2021 to Prof. Dr. I. Fleming (email@example.com).
This advertisement is online since 01.09.2021