Mass Spectrometry Scientist (E9 TV-G-U)
at our Metabolomics Core Facility.
The classification is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement applicable to Goethe University (TV-G-U). The position is available immediately for a period of 2 years.
The position requires the following:
• Extraction of metabolites/lipids/proteins from various biological materials using established protocols.
• Setup and optimization of targeted/MRM and non-targeted mass spectrometric methods with emphasis on metabolic pathway analyses (e.g., 13C flux) and global screening
• Maintenance (basic cleaning, calibration, QC performance evaluation) of HPLC and GC instruments coupled to mass spectrometers
• Preparation, documentation, and basic analyses of generated data (e.g., quantity calculations, basic statistics)
• A professional environment in an internationally recognized group (ivs.uni-frankfurt.de) that is part of the Cluster of Excellence Cardio Pulmonary Institute ( https://www.cpi-online.de).
• We are equipped with four state-of-the-art mass spectrometers (Thermo QExactive classic, Sciex 5500, Agilent 6495 and Thermo ISQ7000) in a modern science building.
– Completed training as a biological/chemical technical assistant or an MSc in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or molecular medicine.
– Applicants with hands-on experience in biochemical extraction methods are preferred.
– Knowledge of modern instrumental analysis, preferably HPLC and LC-MS/MS is desirable.
– Ability to work in a self-organized, independent manner.
– Good command of written and spoken English.
If you have any questions about the Metabolomics Core, please contact Dr. Stephan Klatt ( email@example.com ).
Applications with the usual documents (in a PDF file) should be sent in electronic form to Prof. Dr. I. Fleming ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) until 25 January 2022.
This advertisement is online since 27.12.2021