Technical Assistant (E9a TV-G-U)
for a limited period (initially for 3 years). The grading is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement applicable to the Goethe University (TV-G-U).
The position is advertised in the context of a project funded by the German Research Foundation (Emmy Noether Programme), which deals with the consequences of cysteine metabolism in vascular ageing and regeneration (Circulation 2019, doi: 10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.118.034757, Circulation 2021, doi: 10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.120.051877) .
The position includes the following responsibilities:
- Isolation, cultivation and differentiation of various cell lines and primary cultures (endothelial cells, monocytes, etc.).
- Processing of cells for various protein biochemical analyses for the detection of protein expression or protein phosphorylation using Western blot methods, ELISA, EMSA or immunofluorescence.
- Cloning and mutation of relevant proteins
- Independent performance of analyses on biological samples including sample preparation
- Preparation, documentation and analysis of generated data
- Collaboration in the development of new analytical methods
- Administrative tasks (including demand planning and purchasing, planning and handling the shipment of sensitive samples, self-responsible management of the laboratory, self-responsible instruction of new employees)
- A friendly working atmosphere in an internationally recognised group that is part of the Vascular Research Centre Frankfurt (www.vrc.uni-frankfurt.de).
- Premises in a new research building with modern equipment
- Collaboration in a thematically high-ranking project
- Flexible working hours
- Completed training as a biological/chemical technical assistant or an MSc in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or molecular medicine.
- FELASA B certificate
- Ideally professional experience in molecular biology and cell culture
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Experience in ordering and stock management
- Experience in demand planning
- Ability to work in a self-organised, independent manner
- Accuracy, commitment, team spirit, enthusiasm for scientific work and willingness to work in an international environment
- Knowledge of English
Applications with the usual documents (in a single PDF file) should be submitted in electronic form to Prof. Sofia-Iris Bibli (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This advertisement is online since 31.01.2022