Two PhD positions (E13 TV-G-U, 65%)
to study microprotein-mediated responses to vascular damage.
The positions are available from 01.07.2022. The classification is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement applicable to Goethe University (TV-G-U).
The position requires the following:
- Participation in a research project in a recently funded Collaborative Research Centre (SFB 1531) focusing on the role of microproteins in the regulation of endothelial cell function under physiological and pathophysiological conditions in in vitro and in vivo models.
- Integration of multiple omics approaches to study cell function.
- Collection of experimental data, analysis and documentation of results and preparation of material for publication.
- A thematic high-level project in an internationally recognized group (www.ivs.uni-frankfurt.de) that is part of SFB 1531, the DFG Cluster of Excellence “CardioPulmonary Institute” (www.cpi-online.de) and the German Center for Cardiovascular Research (DZHK.de).
- An international and inclusive environment promoting curiosity and critical thinking leading to impactful scientific discoveries.
- An Integrated Research Training Group providing the specific know-how necessary for performing cutting edge science in cardiovascular biology and mentoring for personal development.
- Rooms, housed in a modern research building, with state-of-the-art facilities and analysis possibilities from integrative physiology to mass spectroscopy.
- A completed, very good MSc in biology, biotechnology, molecular medicine or an equivalent discipline.
- Training in cell culture, confocal microscopy, molecular biology and/or biochemistry techniques.
- Excellent self-organization and ability to work in a team.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Applications with the usual documents (in a single PDF file) and the names and contact details of 3 referees should be submitted in electronic form within 4 weeks of the appearance of this advertisement to Dr. Mauro Siragusa (Siragusa@vrc.uni-frankfurt.de).
This advertisement is online since 15.06.2022